When a loved one passes away, their estate will often go through a court-managed process called probate. The time required to complete probate varies based on the size and complexity of the estate, but in most cases it takes upwards of 6 months.
What are the steps in the probate process?
– Filing a petition with the probate court
– Send a notice to the heirs under the will or to statutory heirs
– Petition to appoint an Executor or Administrator of the estate
– Inventory and appraise assets
– Payment of debts to creditors
– Sale of assets
– Payment of estate taxes
– Final distribution of assets to heirs
Don’t walk through the probate process alone. Let Kevin A. Watts, Attorney at Law handle the legal stuff so that you can focus on what matters most during this time, your family.
Kevin A. Watts, Attorney at Law
218 N. Terry St.
Wynne, AR 72396